2011-12-10

Ping.exe Running Process


Ping.exe is a process that is being run by a rootkit. If you have the same problem I did then the process is devouring your memory up to 100%. I tried about twenty different solutions over a sixteen hour period before I found the solution and removed the rootkit. The solution is a free program called TDSSKiller from Kaspersky. Download it, launch it, scan your system, delete the rootkit, reboot your system via TDSSKiller's prompt, and when your system restarts you're good-to-go. I recommend following the steps here at YouTube.

You can get this from their site too.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ozknwxmobcm37do

Edit: Unfortunately, the video seems to have been removed from youtube. However, you can still follow my instructions and download from Kaspersky's website, rather than download from mediafire, if you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment